POST MATCH REPORT | AL3s - R10 vs Mosman FC on Friday at Melwood at 7PM (HOME GAME)


The team came together at the astroturf pitches at Melwood, to face a young Mosman team in an epic Friday Night Football spectacular. The rain had ceased a few hours earlier, which made the pitch impeccable and ready for action.

The official referees from the MWFRA got the match underway and, despite a good warm-up, we started sluggishly. Mosman pushed hard from the outset and started to create some early chances. However, they did not anticipate the diminutive Gabe to leap across all of their shots and save them. Unfortunately, despite resolute defending, we conceded an early goal from a corner, the ball blasted in with a volley from close range.

The second goal came shortly after, with the backline compromised with a quick through ball and a first time finish by the Mosman speedster. The team started to settle into the game after 25 minutes, and with a few tactical subs and instructions, we retained possession of the ball and started to create a few chances. In the 42nd minute of the first half, a beautiful passing movement ended with Trickey whipping the ball into the box and Harry Vasey, calm as you like, taking a beautifully weighted touch and lacing the ball into the back of the net.

Half time came and Neil Vasey, was asked to step in and take over the half time team talk. The inspirational words of Mr Vasey gave the team a positive step and we came out firing in the second half. Quicker passing and far more intelligent play with the ball, created a few chances, and within 10 minutes of the second half, a brilliant slide ball from Alex, sent Glyn through one-on-one with the keeper and the striker who represents the great city of Movemberville, rounded the keeper and struck home a clean finish to equalise the match.

Five minutes later, the ball was taken down the right hand side of the pitch and crossed beautifully into an on-rushing confident Glyn. Glyn’s attempt however was foiled and the ball landed at Damon’s feet. Damon took one touch to control and slammed home the third goal from close range to take the lead for the first time in the match.

With 5 minutes to go, we won a corner. The cross from Chuddy was met by Glyn, soaring 3 feet above everyone else in and ALF’esk style leap. The ball hit Glyn’s head and drifted to the top left hand corner … GOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!! We took the lead 4-2 with a few minutes to go. For the next 4 minutes, the entire bench and all three spectators kept asking the ref “how long to go”?

The final whistle came and was followed by sheer ecstasy! This was a complete performance across the entire team and definitely one to be proud of.