top of page
  • Belrose-Terrey Hills Raiders

Match Report | AL Div 2 vs. HSU

RESSIES Going into Saturday’s game we were down on almost half our squad, so it was always going to be a tough challenge against the undefeated ladder leaders. We got off to a shaky start with some quick goals from Harbord put us 2 goals down. After this though we started pressing better, re gained our shape and created a number of attacks to finish the 1st half on par with them

2nd half we again started well, however Harbord got another one against us to make it 3. To our credit I would say we had the majority of possession second half and had some very close shots (especially Javeds!) but we just couldn’t finish. Another gritty performance, never giving up against a very strong team – we should be proud considering the number of players down. A shout out to all the guys from the firsts team who filled in and played majority of the game too!

With 6 games still to go, we are in an awesome position to finish top 4, currently in equal 4th position with Beacon. Its this stage of the season we really dig deep, push ourselves at training and give it our all to finish strong. Our hard work so far has got us here let make the most of it!

FIRSTS We were slow out of the blocks (again) against a well organised Harbord side. They were definitely up for a game, and the fact that their players ran through on goal in the opening 2 minutes and slotted the opening goal was exceptionally frustrating. The team rallied after this early breakthrough from Harbord and dominated possession, limiting Harbord to one additional shot on goal. Despite several spectacular attempts from a number of players, the Harbord keeper proved to be a solid brick wall and nothing was getting through!

During the second half, we started very brightly, shifting the team formation to 3-5-2. This put a lot more pressure on the Harbord back-line and eventually, Jez broke through and took a shot, point blank at the keeper. The keeper parried towards the middle of goal, Kieran latched onto the loose ball and tapped in a well-deserved equaliser! 20 minutes into the second half, the gaffa made a guest appearance for the first time in the match. Running straight into the box, Lachlan placed a trade-mark long throw, which was chested in by the gaffa, with his first touch of the game! After taking the lead, the lads really fired up and several more shots on target from Javey, Kieran, Jez … the Harbord keeper was solid as ever. Eventually, Kieran took a shot from close range, which the keeper saved with his face. Unfortunately for them, it bounced straight in front of Jeremy who scored his fourth and final goal of the season. A deserved 3-1 win for the team!

12 views0 comments
bottom of page